Thursday 20 September 2012

Masonic bracelet

I made the bracelet some time ago melting and rolling the metal for the 3 bars and letting them into a figaro bracelet. I then had to create the 3 symbols. The Triple Tau needed to be inlaid with red enamel and I thought long and hard about how I would cut the shape into the gold. I toyed with the idea of getting the recess engraved by hand but in the end decided to utilize my homebuilt CNC machine again. After writing the G code to perform the operation I then had to secure the bracelet to the work area by means of a piece of perspex cut with a rectangular hole and 4 screw holes with which to fix it. I was in the middle of the final pass when my drill burnt out!  Nevertheless a successful operation which after hand cutting of the corners inlaid easily with cold enamel.
The cross was set centrally with a ruby to represent a rose and then engraved with stems and leaves which were touched in with green enamel and then the edge was millgrained.


The Square and compass actually came from the top of a signet ring to which was added a small round setting at the top and set with a sapphire.

LG


No comments:

Post a Comment